Author Thread
NarnianGirl

View Profile
Physical drives
Posted : 2 May, 2023 12:38 PM

Short answer.. NO.

God created our sexuality, our emotions, our hormones..

It's how we steward them..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
To wait or not to wait..that is the ?
Posted : 2 May, 2023 12:36 PM

Alligator, 100%..

That's often forgotten..!

All those 'feel good' hormones can give you a 'high', but they are not something that automatically give you a lasting relationship ...

Emotional attachment, yes, and a lot of heartbreak - even when the clothes are still on...

That's why I will not kiss or make out before it's official. The person can say all the right things, and still leave you bereft..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
The last days
Posted : 2 May, 2023 07:15 AM

Many of those mentioned are already dead.

Some had questionable teachings, sure.. while still maintaining the core gospel.

I don't always know where the lines can be drawn.. we all have blind spots and can be mistaken, and should be open to learning and correction..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Should I just ignore and carry on
Posted : 2 May, 2023 06:38 AM

I would say this dude is playing some sort of mind games... trying to 'neg' you to score some points.

Sadly, there are men (Christian included - I have experienced that often), who think that using some passive aggressive tactics makes them more attractive and desirable in front of a girl.

The older I get, the less I want to get involved with such immature behaviour... In general, it is a waste of time.

Nothing good would come out of trying to make him like you. That's exactly what he is trying to achieve..

Dear sister, don't waste your energy thinking of him. Deal with him whenever necessary, but don't give him any 'fuel'.. he is very inappropriate and immature.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 1 May, 2023 06:23 PM

OK, RM, I'll send you a reminder to look it up when I have posted..

Something you probably already are familiar with..

It's tragic that churches (in the West, anyway) don't really know how to encourage and help single Christians. Especially those, who have been living a sexually pure life and sought to be faithful to God, often for years, and still haven't found a spouse...

It is as if churches prefer seeing those, who go from one marriage to the next, divorce after divorce... or have kids out of wedlock. Then you are seen as 'normal'

That's something which has changed in the last twenty years or so. When I was young believer (early 90's) divorce and having kids out of wedlock were sins you needed grace for.

Today, it is considered the norm, and being a long term single living a sexually pure life is seen as weird and odd...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
God's sovereignty and free will are both in the bible
Posted : 1 May, 2023 06:15 PM

Thanks for your post, homelesschristian...

That passage on Joshua is exactly the one that Calvinism likes to explain away, by saying that God already had chosen the Nation of Israel (which, of course, is true), so there wasn't any choice to be made anymore..

Which is completely illogical.

The same is seen in many NT passages, where apostles pleaded and warned people to make the right choice, to follow God, to abstain from sin, etc etc..

... and on and on..

of course, we were never meant to do that without the Holy Spirit and God's enabling grace & power..

... I know many Calvinists are fervent evanglists, and not passive about it. Still, they tend to explain any tragedy, or difficulty by 'God's sovereignty', when often it was human free will that contributed.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
God's sovereignty and free will are both in the bible
Posted : 1 May, 2023 03:44 PM

Haha brother, get ready for some heated discussions.. at least, that is my experience on most Christian groups / forums.

As an Arminian myself I am familiar with both arguments and the Scriptures used to back them up. I feel that those preaching predestination (only) really miss the mark and often don't even follow their logic. Asking them often gets them just angry, so I have given up trying to have a discussion or a debate on something that has been debated for centuries.

For those interested: a great example of a civil, respectful debate, check out the video with Dr. Michael Brown and Dr. James White. They are brothers in Christ, who disagree on this, and are still able to maintain good brotherly relationship..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 1 May, 2023 06:59 AM

RetroMillenial: Since you're into science and stuff, there was something I thought you'd be interested in. Since this is a dating site, and people can get spooked out by a message, I won't send it directly, but post it in the Science section :-)

Anyone interested in science may find it fascinating too.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
What are you currently listening to?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2023 05:26 PM

I would say power metal.. but not really an expert on the genre.

Maybe look them up on YouTube ..? They only have one whole album published and some extras, but I really appreciate their skill and depth.

The lyrics on their album 'Harmageddon' are straight from the Scriptures.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 30 Apr, 2023 05:20 PM

What couples discuss beforehand, is up to them.. personally, I would find it off limits to go into any detailed descriptions of any sexual acts.

The topic can be talked about discreetly and in good taste, such as where and how to spend the honey moon & the first night etc..

I would imagine that a couple is infatuated and intoxicated about one another, and looking forward to having some private and intimate time... but if something happens, and things don't go as planned, it's just a part of life anyway :-)

At some point I would ask the other person 'On the scale of 1 to 10, how important would you consider sexual intimacy'.. but not until we already know each other well and know that there is that safe connection.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11