Author Thread
NarnianGirl

View Profile
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 06:27 PM

Not sure how to do that, unless we exchange e-mail adresses before I leave.. but I'll let people her know if/when I meet the right person.

After all, none of us know who are real, who are not.. We could both be some paid models, or bots,

Well, I am hardly model material, but you might be, Musician...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 01:37 PM

.. and I am extremely happy for him & his bride :-)

Musician: If God sent me the right man via this site, I'll guaranteedly let you know... will you believe my testimony, or doubt that?

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Meeting Online
Posted : 3 Dec, 2022 01:32 PM

Well, none of us knows all the people behind the testimonies... but I personally know someone who had his wedding picture posted here on CDFF in 2022 :-)

Meaning, I know their real name, plus we had several common 'friends of friends' on Facebook... so I know he's a real person, a genuine Christian brother, even though we aren't close friends.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Alleged Racist remark / Buckingham Palace
Posted : 1 Dec, 2022 09:31 AM

Well, economically savvy is good.. but extremely stringy is not..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 1 Dec, 2022 04:52 AM

Yes I did read the dialogue.

This lady in question did have an African name, so I am not surprised that the assumption was made she was from Africa.

That is what I meant: in the UK and some other countries it is considered racist to ask where someone is from (their ethnic origin), while in Africa and many other places it is OK to be interested to know someone's tribe.

Especially in Africa, people are very curious to know. (Yes I have been there a few times...)

If someone declines telling where their tribe is from, of course it is their right.. but I do consider that odd.

A Uni teacher I know is half African. he's a wonderful person, very kind and sociable - and he usually tells right away, without anyone having to ask, where his parents are from...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Posted : 30 Nov, 2022 04:44 PM

After seeing the interview (and the text from that alleged offense), I could not figure out what was so racist about the questions.

Maybe because based on various personal, news and media videos about certain African countries, I had been under the impression that most tribes in Africa take great pride in their heritage, and instead of getting angry when asked about it, thy are happy to share it with the world.

I guess you never know when inquiring about someone's background is offensive.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Hello
Posted : 28 Nov, 2022 07:46 AM

Hello Dennis,

Welcome, and God bless you. Glad you're safe (relatively safe) in Turkiye.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
ignored or just a boring site
Posted : 26 Nov, 2022 01:59 PM

Yes.. and many of us women get ignored too :-)

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Hi
Posted : 23 Nov, 2022 02:31 PM

Hi sister ! Welcome 😊💙🙏🏻

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Don't Take It Personally...
Posted : 13 Nov, 2022 11:55 AM

While I agree about not taking things too seriously - based on a few messages-, I think we should not take anything too casually, either.. especially those of us, who consider ourselves as followers of Jesus. Integrity, respect, and honesty should automatically be a part in our interactions..

Yes, online dating can be a gruesome experience. Brutal and exhausting.. but just because many people agree it is ok to treat people as commodoties, does not make it right.

Decency and a tact should always be a part of our behavior. If we see people as replacable goodies, why should God entrust us with anything of value?

When I read testimonies from happy couples here at CDFF,

I can see that many of the people felt a special connection pretty early on. Imagine if they had just ignored that.

Let's Guard our hearts, yes, but let's still keep a certain innocence and child like trust..

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15