Author Thread
NarnianGirl

View Profile
THE CHOSEN
Posted : 9 May, 2023 06:21 AM

Little David, I am absolutely NOT saying that bad theology is ok..

Just sharing the other side of the debate on Chosen.

Like I said, I have not watched it and I am generally not a fan of any Christian plays or dramas.. But I know some people can be reached through them.

Please do not take your anger on me.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Experience' preferred over chastity?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 04:37 PM

It's really a messed up world, when Christians are saying that singles aren't eligible to marry because we haven't been sleeping around.

.. while encouraging an supporting those in their third or fourth marriage.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Experience' preferred over chastity?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 04:34 PM

This came up in the 'Ask Guys' section, with the saving sex for marriage thread..

Some great points were brought up and many great responses were given.

It's not once that I have heard it asked, 'How do you know you are compatible without trying it out?' , which is a complete oxymoron.. as sex should always involve trust and respect, not be about competition having to 'prove' your validity..

Not to mention the obvious that God already said in His Word that we should FLEE from immorality, not run towards it, so we can prove something.

I found it spot on that one brother wrote.. people who experimented sexually, instead of having an imprint on the other person, rather imprinted on the physical act..

They bonded with the sexual activity, instead of forming an intimate connection with the human being.

That is what I think happens a lot..

I have heard people say their primary reason for marrying after divorce was to have sex.. and also horrible things about single people not being 'marriage material', because we cannot possible do XYZ in the bedroom...

How callous is that?!

Many singles are sexual too - but we still prefer to be faithful guardians over that gift., instead of experimenting here and there. hoping to find someone we can 'click' with.

Honestly, you don't have to go to any physical contact to know if there is chemistry...

I believe there is natural sensitivity to detect it. when the person has not been desensitised through various encounters.

There is hope, even after messing around - going 'cold turkey' can really reset one's mind and give back the 'factory settings', so to speak

And ultimately, none of us are better in the eyes of God in any way:

Experience is nothing, nor is the lack of it, but what matters is new creation in Christ ..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
For those who don't understand Adultery
Posted : 8 May, 2023 02:50 PM

This topic does come up every now and then in most Christian settings..

Ironically, it used to be a debate and theological discussion whether or not a divorced person can re-marry and under what conditions.

These days the pendulum has swung to the other extreme, and divorced people are widely supported and sympathised with.

It is with great grief that I have noticed that many people are not even sorry they are divorced - even multiple times -, but always consider 'God's grace' a sufficient excuse.

Not only that, but I have had divorced and remarried women tell me that I should not want to marry, .. while they themselves are in their third marriage

It truly is baffling to see that people consider that reasoning perfectly logical. Just last week, someone blasted me and told me I should not want to marry but to 'be content'..

I pointed out the she did not exactly follow her own advice, either... and it was really hypocritical to tell that to a single person.

The reaction from her was anger and victimhood, 'Oh you hurt my feelings!'

It really is like the case of 'mean girls' in high school. Those popular girls considered every guy there rightful territorial property, and the same attitude is seen in these 'hunter gatherer' women (or men), who try to catch as many spouses as they can.. while trying to bully singles from ever forming relationships.

It is really twisted.. I wish leaders in churches would nor blindly allow that any more.

No wonder it's so hard to find a spouse, with so little support for singles and so much for the divorced ..

Never have I dissed or looked down on those who went through that tragedy. So why is there no reciprocal courtesy and support?

NarnianGirl

View Profile
THE CHOSEN
Posted : 8 May, 2023 02:38 PM

Well, as a 'Non-fan', I have heard both good & bad..

A friend has been involved in the project, and he definitely is a solid believer.

The writers have been saying all the time that the show is NOT meant to replace Scripture. No work of art ever should be that.

It can encourage people to seek God and read the Bible for themselves.

Another friend ( a young lad) has shared how blessed he was by this show in the midst of depression, and how God took him out of hopelessness while watching the movie episode..

So yes, I know it has blessed many souls, too.

The enemy always likes to stir up trouble, whenever God is using something..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
World 🌎 News today
Posted : 8 May, 2023 02:33 PM

As to how many impoverished Chinese immigrants can come and see asylum / immigrant status.. many have taken on huge loans in their home country, and can be exploited as cheap labor to pay that back.. Happens all the time in the UK & Europe.

It is a tricky issue indeed. As a Christian, I don't think everything can be measured with money. A civilised and ethical society should support those less privileged, BUT not allow criminals to enter.

That's why a proper vetting process is so important..

It is a hotly debated topic here as well. Thankfully it seems our new government will curb immigration somewhat and be more aware of potential problems.

We don't want to become like Sweden, which has some apocalyptic 'No-Go' zones, where natives cannot enter, police and fire personnel included.. :/

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Dr. James Tour - on biogenesis. Fascinating
Posted : 8 May, 2023 02:12 PM

From another Jewish scientist - a traditional one, not a believer in Jesus:

The Age of the Universe..

http://geraldschroeder.com/wordpress/the-age-of-the-universe/

NarnianGirl

View Profile
What are your favorite christian music artists and bands?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 12:49 PM

Some Messianic music:

Joel Chernoff (The Lamb)

NarnianGirl

View Profile
What are your favorite christian music artists and bands?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 12:48 PM

This is a hard one..

Theocracy

Affector

Narnia

Keith Green (an oldie, already a legend..)

Fernardo Ortega

.. etc...

NarnianGirl

View Profile
Couple in loveless marriage
Posted : 8 May, 2023 11:48 AM

It is hard in an aforementioned situation.... A person can only choose their own actions, not dictate or force how the other should behave.

Iff both a sincere Christians, knowing the Lord and claiming to be His, then it should not be an overwhelming obstacle, even if there is no more 'spark'.

I have known of such cases, how the pastors who wisely counselled the couple, told them to 'pray for a spark'.

That prayer was answered.

Another couple I knew (an belonged to their Bible study group in a non-Christian country) shared how the Lord had came through in their dilemma. Obviously they did not share any details of their private life, just that they had a 'problem' they did not know how to approach.

They decided to lift it to the Lord in prayer.. and he started to show them ways to deal with it.

God is the best marriage counsellor

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10