Author Thread: Losing Hope in Online Dating
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Losing Hope in Online Dating
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:22 PM

I've been on this site for a while now and really am not meeting anyone of value to be honest. It's been a pretty terrible experience. Usually it's some kind of big flaw they have. I did meet one person from here but it turned into mind games, barely any conversation, way too far from me distance-wise (which is 95% people that chat with me on here).

I have a friend who met someone on here and has been married to the man for 8 years so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I am thinking of just deleting this app but I do like talking and chatting such as getting to know people, just not the dating aspect of it.

I do want to meet people in person and lately have been acting more approachable towards others like smiling, making eye contact, and being off my phone. My ideal way of finding someone would be in person.

Should I delete the app and just focus on finding someone in real life?

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2024 02:02 PM

I know you don't like the advice I have given you in the past but again I'm going to tell it like it is.

There are likely millions of men out there that would make great husbands. But they are invisible to you because you are looking for the perfect man that quite frankly you're not going to find.

You like most modern women have set your standards so high that most men aren't even on your radar. And even when you do land a date with someone you turn him off. Why I don't know, but the problem is with you not them.

You need to be the women that men want and not what you think men want. Men are very simple. We want women that are non argumentative, very respectful and submissive. We want to take care of our wives and children, not compete with them. We want to come home to a clean house, a good meal and a respectful loving partner. We want a women that we will gladly lay down our lives for and not a woman that makes our live a living hell.

You need to look very deeply at yourself. Unfortunately you won't get good advice from most people. But I know you will likely only listen to someone who massages your ego and tell you it's not your fault. And of course that's your choice. So all I have to say to that is GOOD LUCK.

Women fall in love through their ears

Men fall in love through their eyes

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2024 07:11 PM

I've been on this site for a while now." That's for sure! " and really am not meeting anyone" Ditto marks!

"I am thinking of just deleting this app" That is up to you.

We are more promising when we are in our prime.

I am further from perfect with every day I age. We do not become more desirable with time. I am getting to the age of "why bother?" This is true for women too. If you don't have a husband by age 40, why bother? But to each his own. We all question being on these sites, but here we are anyway.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2024 09:14 PM

@Handyman: I have tried every man under the sun, not just the "10's" you are referring to. The problem is not with me, it's with them. They all have a massive character flaw that I'm glad I've dodged them each and every time! Again, very weird to label people you don't know claiming I'm argumentative, not easy-going, etc. I am very easy-going, friendly, and get along with everybody. And I am not a feminist that won't do things in the house, in fact I do everything in my apartment. Men don't fall in love with their eyes, most don't fall in love, only very few.

P.S. Not looking for an ego boost, just looking for advice. Also, you are on here still because you are looking for a lips sealed maid.. which you will not find. You might want to step down a notch from the ego ladder

@walkntalk thank you for your advice, maybe that's it our prime

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 05:51 AM

Any woman has a right to choose a husband that she feels that is right for her. She is the one who has to live with the husband. It is her Personal choice.

Try more than One dating site. Never look for men on just one online site. I have dated from a Christian site serveral Men in person. I am not looking for a husband but friendship at my age group. I have had marriage proposals from men I dated here in my City in person. I declined. Most women have Choices.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 05:51 AM

Any woman has a right to choose a husband that she feels that is right for her. She is the one who has to live with the husband. It is her Personal choice.

Try more than One dating site. Never look for men on just one online site. I have dated from a Christian site serveral Men in person. I am not looking for a husband but friendship at my age group. I have had marriage proposals from men I dated here in my City in person. I declined. Most women have Choices.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 06:47 AM

You are still a favorable age and have a huge favorites list. If you are not finding it here and you are concerned about passing the blossom of your youth and favorability for marriage, you should do as Moonlight suggests and look at other dating sites as well. You may enjoy success at another site. Who knows? You may be blessed through another site.

You can FIND "THE ONE".

You still have youth to your favor.

But what do you want?

1 Corinthians 7:32-35, as Paul writes, "I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord.

But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord."

So it is greatly up to you.

Paul thinks widows are happier to remain as they are. I think many people are more happy single. Too much a gamble the marriage thing. Does it draw one closer to God or further away? But you could be happy with your decision either way.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 07:40 AM

@HazelEyesSparkle I'm very curious what this character flaw is you mentioned. Is it one man, some men or do all the men you have talked to have this flaw? Could you please be more specific?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 08:09 AM

I think of the movie "Grumpy Old Men"

DatingGuru

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 09:16 AM

“A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him to find her” - Maya Angelou

Perhaps, the good single men are also hidden, that you have to really seek Jesus to find one to marry.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 12:33 PM

@Dating Guru: yes you're right, I think there are great men but they are just hidden or I work with them! Haha some of the nicest men I have met but usually there is some issue like work or I cannot get to know them beyond that.

@Moonlight yes, you are right, I should expand my options beyond just one site, maybe I will try that

@WalknTalk true, I have a lot of favorites but you are right I should expand my options

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7