Author Thread: I have a lady friend who says she doesn’t read disturbing parts of scripture
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
I have a lady friend who says she doesn’t read disturbing parts of scripture
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:20 AM

Is she right⁉️⁉️⁉️

She has a perception of who Jesus is based on her own imagination AND a few 👉👉select👈👈 Bible verses (that she likes) about him.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:21 AM

Has this friend of mine created her own little “jesus”⁉️⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:26 AM

Speaking of creating your own little “jesus”, isn’t that what the Muslims have done⁉️

Even the clueless Billy Graham was fooled into believing the Muslims speak much about Jesus. Check Billy out online (don’t believe me)

Like many other clueless “Christians” Billy thinks the Muslim “Jesus” is the same Jesus spoken of in the Bible‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 10:29 AM

Folks we can’t go around creating our own a little jesuses that makes us feel good about ourselves and won’t convict us of our love of sin‼️‼️‼️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 12:02 PM

A number of disturbing places in the Bible. It should be banned from the church library.

Muslims teach Jesus was a prophet. They believe Muhammad was Greater Prophet. They do not teach that Jesus was God or the Son of God. They have more to say of Mary, the mother of Jesus, than the Christian Bible.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 12:19 PM

John 6, Jesus said "my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink." He lost a lot of followers that day. His teaching was hard to stomach.

I knew a Bible student that was terrified of God. After reading Lamentations, it destroyed his whole opinion of God and he wept and wailed. He did not see God in the same light again.

There are verses we grapple with.

God is love. Then we read verses that get us to question God's love. We are at the mercy of God.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 12:20 PM

Hard to swallow. Hard to stomach.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 01:36 PM

Exactly!!

A true understanding of God and his wrath should scare us.

But we don’t run away from him, we run TO him for mercy‼️‼️

AND if we believe him, we receive mercy.

We can trust him because he never lies.

NET Bible

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices God desires are a humble spirit--O God, 👉👉👉a humble and repentant heart you will not reject.👈👈👈

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 01:40 PM

In chatting more with my lady friend, I became aware of the reason her fear of God. She admitted, perhaps unwittingly, her love for sin.

Instead of running to God, she proudly ran away. I still pray for her

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 01:45 PM

Sheeesh, I need to hire someone to edit my posts‼️‼️ Seems I can’t recognize my composition errors until I press the “send”. THEN suddenly my eye for good grammar sharpens. Maybe I can find a fake “send” button. Maybe if I press it my grammar check will kick in before I press the real send🫣

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2024 02:25 PM

2 Timothy 3:16 all scripture is provided by God for reproof correction and doctrine

And is profitable: Paul exhorted, “Timothy, continue in these things because the Bible is profitable, and profitable in many ways.”

i. Profitable for doctrine: telling us what is true about God, man, the world we live in, and the world to come.

ii. Profitable for reproof and correction: with the authority to rebuke us and correct us. We are all under the authority of God’s word, and when the Bible exposes our doctrine or our conduct as wrong, we are wrong

Page : 1 2