Author Thread: Why do I attract bad men/not getting married
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Why do I attract bad men/not getting married
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 10:58 PM

The title pretty much sums it up. I am practically the only single one out of all of my friends. Most people I've known from high school or my friends are married and I usually attract strange men or ones that just want very casual. The last two dates I went on were disasters.

I'm attractive, like to talk about many things, have a good amount of hobbies. For instance, on here I find guys who message me have very empty profiles or are strange. I've come across men I am interested, messaged, but no response. Or they never initiate any conversation with me.

So my friends are married, my best friend has been married for 7 years, my mom's and dad's friend's kids are married, people I see in public that are younger than me are all getting married. The list goes on. My questions are why do I attract bad/uninteresting men and why am I not marriage material?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 06:33 AM

Those answers are within yourself!

Many women are not married all age groups for whatever Reasons!

Although many women want to get married by 30.

Just my opinion

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 07:46 AM

Are you dating catholic men only, or are you open to date different denominations or even unbelievers?

I have also had a difficult time on dating men, and in my 30s I have discovered I have to choose between the men who has a "past" with long term relationships/marriages, serial daters ect, or choose to date men who are more awkward, introverts, not incels, but men who might not have experience with women at all despite being in their late 30s and at church. I have had the men interested in me, but there are always something majorly off-putting with the men that manage to show interest on a first or second date. (Bad hygiene, not dressing for the occation, weird conversation topics and not being able to change the topic when I try to, or just being simps towards me not showing any kind of self confidence at all.

This makes me unattracted to them. So I'm not sure what you can do. I have better experience with trying new christian environments, like going to other churches, or conferences meeting people I otherwise wouldn't have met. I have also moved around long distance for university and job oportunities so I could start over again and be whomever I wanted to be when starting in a new church, presenting myself there as the person I am now, not being labeled from what people know about me from the last 10-20 years of attending.... not sure if this was any help at all.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 09:36 AM

You attract a wider range of men probably because of your external physical attractiveness and your openness.

Sadly, there are some downsides to those good things and obviously you’re experiencing some of those downsides.

But take care: beautiful people, just like rich people, attract many more “friends” (note the quote). See the Proverbs for more on fake friends vs real friends and how to identify each of them.

PLEASE >>be careful<<‼️‼️

Hope that helps but I must add this little note: this post is not intended as flattery.

You already know that you received all you have and all that you are as a marvelous blessing direct from God. To him be thankful and humbly offer praise for all he has given you. Others of us, who are not equally endowed, must also thank God for who we are and what we have been given—each of us have been blessed according to the will of God. 1 Corinthians 4:7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive?

Be sure and continue to seek God with all your heart and desire to obey him

Anyone blessed, as you obviously are, with such youthful vigor and beauty must remember received it only from God. Some of us who are not as endowed by God are blessed in other ways.

Sadly, outward beauty comes with liabilities.

spark300c

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 11:58 AM

well I do not know your mbti personality type. your PR Student/Retail Management degree may not be in favor. I am man with intp personality in mbti. I tend to like personality types that a lot men do not like. I like nerdy women. I am nerd myself. I Iike ExtJ women while many men do not. how ever I am very introverted and some what socially awkward. My personality is rare. which makes hard to find counterpart because my counterpart is rare.

Women with rare personality types have hard time find some one to marry. I have cousin who is an infj. I do not think she will get married because the men she compatible with are too introverted or rare. there is really nothing wrong with her.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 09:51 PM

What do you mean by pr degree? Retail

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 09:52 PM

Because I know my best friend has no job or degree and she's been married for 7 years

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 10:02 PM

Men don't care about a womans career or degree. They look for women who are loyal, peaceful to be around (no drama), demure, traditional, can cook, clean, and as young as possible (compared to their own age).

Typically a 40 year old man would prefer a woman around 30, maybe even in her late 20s if he can win her.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2023 12:40 AM

Thank you! So true. And thank you for your answer about different environments. I'll try that, I remember that working a few years back because I met 2 people by being in clubs. It is much harder these days but I have faith.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2023 02:33 PM

"My questions are why do I attract bad/uninteresting men and why am I not marriage material?"

First of all, you need a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. He has the best wisdom you will need in your journey.

Many men nowadays are plagued with many sins which cause them to be unattractive. The player types that do get women keeps playin because their women don't have spiritual discernment to prevent themselves from getting victimized.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2023 02:43 PM

And yes, "bad/uninteresting men" will throw out feelers everywhere out of desperation. They're even in churches trying to pickup on married women.

Page : 1 2