Author Thread: Dealing with boy kids
Sceptical^

View Profile
History
Dealing with boy kids
Posted : 29 Jan, 2023 12:05 PM

I have 2 adorable boys aged 12 and 3yrs.the older is very calm and respectful. The younger is very stuborn,And even talks back.how do I handle that?

Jully230381

View Profile
History
Dealing with boy kids
Posted : 29 May, 2023 06:07 AM

My nephew is also turning ten and he is turning to be a spoiled brat.. he is spoiled by grandparents and aunts...

what is the healthy way to deal with him and address this aside from prayers?

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Dealing with boy kids
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 02:23 PM

I would first have to ask if are you disciplining him for his actions? If you're just giving him talks then he's just mimicking what you're saying to him. More than likely what he needs is age appropriate discipline rather than just meaningless (to him) words. Words only have meaning when they are backed up with some kind of action.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Dealing with boy kids
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 02:52 PM

Jully you need to put a stop to the spoiling by letting the grandparents & aunts know that it they don't stop what they are doing or you will restrict their access to your children.

But I believe there's more to the problems with your children the your relatives spoiling them. I suspect you're trying to find someone or something to blame for your own short comings in controlling your children.

It could be you're a single parent which is never good for raising children. And with most women being absolutely terrible at disciplining their children problems with them in that situation are inevitable.

Or maybe they're in a two parent home but your husband doesn't want to do the disciplining or maybe you won't let him or when he does you control exactly how he does it. none of those examples would be a good situation for the children.

In the old days the phrase wait until your father gets home carried a lot of weight and for good reason. Nowadays proper discipline take a back seat in child rearing.