Author Thread: Any Sea Horses like me?
Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2010 12:17 PM

Are there any men out there that have custody of their children like me? It's very hard, because single parents who are women have the support of other single moms, but not so much if your a single dad with kids.

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 10:01 AM

hey, i don't know anything about being a parent, but maybe you can start up a support group! "Sea Horse Support; a place for single parent dads." what do you think? :waving:

nyanda:purpleangel:

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 10:25 AM

That sounds like a good idea, if I find another lol. I maybe a support group of one :bunny:

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 03:18 PM

first time i heard that term "sea horse"

interesting :)

Riveroflife

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 09:07 PM

Have you checked familylife.com to see if you could find any groups to possibly connect with through there?

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 02:18 AM

I did that for two years. Had to hit the road due to economy though. That's a rough road and I will pray for you. Do you have a co-parent at all? If it hadn't of been my every other weekend off I would have lost my mind! Just gotta get out and blow some steam, however you do it.

Clever animal analogy! ( did you birth them too? ).

Just a bull in the dairy barn.

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 07:45 AM

lol, no she did all the birthing, I just end up with all the other responsiblities. I do the same everyother w/e I need to get out and do something. Sorry you had to go on the road.

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 03:15 AM

Sorry, I think Sea Horse would be a metaphor and we would be each others analogs, so of course your child wouldn't have herniated from your gut pile. Didn't occur to me how flip that must have sounded. I apologize brother.

Do you work outside the home? How do you swing all that? I actually had to have the city O.K. my piles of unfolded laundry! Can you imagine that happening to a mother? It was like you have to be on it 200% or someones tongue would start wagging, and you start to get "help"... treat that word like a fire drill, get low to the floor feel all doors before opening, grab your kids and get out! Especially if she's cute!

Our world is just not set up for single parenting, actual and factual.

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 05:41 AM

I work outside the ho,e, go to scholl with out from family, and have no friends to help locally, how I do it, GRACE and lots of it. I agree this job was meant for two people, and have litterally had the same problem, which by grace I avoided any consequences :)

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 17 Apr, 2010 09:29 PM

Yo, man hang in there. I have my 5 year old son 3 days this week and 4 days next week. I got lucky and have a mother that is a retired kindergarten teacher. So she moved in with me. My dad came a few months later. I know it is extremely hard to do as a single parent. Your in my prayers brother. Just remember that God doesn't put on us more than we can handle and He is always with us.

soldout4god

View Profile
History
Any Sea Horses like me?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2010 07:44 PM

I got you dude... hard yes but God will not give us more than we can handle...so just hang in there... your other half is on her way....:applause:

Page : 1 2