Author Thread: Is he interested, or just being friendly (irl)?
Kay8948^

View Profile
History
Is he interested, or just being friendly (irl)?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2023 06:00 AM

How do I tell if a gentleman is interested in me versus just being a really friendly, outgoing person? If a man chats me up in the line at a store, does that necessarily mean he's interested? I usually assume he's not.

I'm really reserved myself, so any time I like someone, they would have a hard time knowing.

Advice, please, or experiences older, wiser people have had would help. :)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2023 08:24 AM

Most men don't chat up a women they not interested in and attracted to in some way.

I would say he is interested especially if its inperson.

Online I wouldn't take it too seriously, you really have to have long conversations online to get to know a man.

Kay8948^

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2023 08:50 AM

Thank you for the response. Now if I can just figure out how to let them know I'm interested without making it awkward, maybe I'll get in the dating game before the new year.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2023 03:57 PM

Chances are very good if he's talking to you he's interested.

If he's someone you see on occasion a look and a smile directed at him may be all that's needed to get a favorable response from him.

Kay8948^

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2023 05:11 AM

Thank you. I'll try that.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2023 02:15 PM

I've had both kinds of responses from IRL chats with men. I've had some that have shown signs of being interested. I've also had some times where the man is just wanting to make conversation to pass the time. I have no problems with either approach.

My advice is to pray about it. Pray that God will give you discernment. Pray that God will help you know what to say/do if you should have a chance encounter.

Kay8948^

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2023 01:38 AM

Thank you. You sound like an extrovert. That is the best advice - to pray. God bless you!

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2023 07:13 AM

Good advice from Maureen_S. I also want add that I believe for the most part that God doesn't find the perfect person for us and for better or worse leaves that up to individual.

I also believe is that once we marry we are to try and be the perfect spouse no matter how imperfect the other person is until one of them passes on.

Which brings me to this. If the person you are interested in is an unbeliever than you would be setting yourself up for an unequaled yoke situation. That's not necessarily a bad thing because if you're a great example of what a Christian spouse should be then he will likely see in you something he's missing and seek salvation.

Kay8948^

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2023 10:20 AM

That's great, Handyman62! A very positive point of view.

Incidentally, I took your previously posted advice and it worked. I may not be dating yet, but I'm certainly making friends and having a nice time. Weird how sometimes we just have to get out of our own way.

God bless, take care.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2023 03:11 PM

That's very nice to hear Kay8948. I pray in Jesus name things work out for you in your new potential relationship.

John.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2024 01:36 PM

I have had men approach me in lines before to speak. Some can just be friendly and extroverted. But some may be interested. I've heard that men only talk to people they are interested in too though. I think it depends on the context of what they are saying and also their body language like smiling, staring, etc.

Page : 1 2