Author Thread: Profile pix with kids? hmmmm....
mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Profile pix with kids? hmmmm....
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 05:37 AM

For me it would be a really bad idea to post a picture on this site with children. It kind of makes me scared for some people who have chosen to do so.

I feel for the thought of being first and foremost about your family, and it's really good to be honest about that with folks, whether doing work, getting work or talking to folks about possibly having a marriage partnership. I know the feeling of wanting to just have someone walk into your life and fill a void in your nuclear family but it's a messed up world folks.

I may be way off base but it seems like putting our father to a foolish test to be that trusting.

sdsurfgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 01:49 AM

I think it's too much, too soon.

I have a protective feeling about my children and I won't share their image with just anyone. I won't even introduce my children to someone until I'm intimate with that person. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

But I'm sure there are others who feel differently and I'm so interested in why people do share photos of their kids. Is it because you are trying to imply that you and your child are a package deal? If so, why not say it and be blunt? I respect honesty.

ellicapp

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2010 02:46 PM

I think that this is a great topic to dicuss and make people aware of real dangers that are in the community. I personally have pictures of me and my son up on here. I do not plan on removing them, and it isn't because I am neglectful in protecting my son. I am a cautious person, who loves my son very much. He is in my life so much, that I take most of my pictures with him in them. I have dated men and don't bring them around my son until I get to know them, but I want them to know that he is around, and very much an important part of my life.

Sometimes people have a knowledge of something in your life but if it is out of site it is out of mind, and I just want to be upfront and honest. I believe there is a fine line between protecting your children, and over sheltering them and yourself. It is only you who can determine where that line is drawn. Being on this website alone...dating in general you are putting yourself out there to be vulnerable in one way or another.

Good topic, though...glad for the discussion and to hear other peoples points and opinions.

Page : 1 2