Author Thread: Profile pix with kids? hmmmm....
mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Profile pix with kids? hmmmm....
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 05:37 AM

For me it would be a really bad idea to post a picture on this site with children. It kind of makes me scared for some people who have chosen to do so.

I feel for the thought of being first and foremost about your family, and it's really good to be honest about that with folks, whether doing work, getting work or talking to folks about possibly having a marriage partnership. I know the feeling of wanting to just have someone walk into your life and fill a void in your nuclear family but it's a messed up world folks.

I may be way off base but it seems like putting our father to a foolish test to be that trusting.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:48 PM

You might be amazed at the number of people that wouldn't believe you when you relate personal tales of things you might have witnessed in this world that are so messed up.

Granted the tell-lie-vision blows things overboard, or rather makes things overboard by tampering with people's perception of reality, I'm sure it leads many to despair, or to lowering their own personal standards (I've seen this), but there are actually some out there that are too busy for TV, and too involved in there own world to have the street wisdom to deal with what ever messed up situation might come there way.

I remember those family stickers people put on the back of their SUV's. It features stick figures of the whole family with their names beneath.

The local police around here have asked families to stop using those as someone might come up, start a conversation with you, and start using the names of your kids or what have you in order to make them think they know them, and therefore gain easy access to their children.

Street wisdom is good, I thank God for the hardships I have endured, either by my own dumb actions, or simply because God wanted me in the wrong place at the wrong time for the sake of bearing witness to it.

Be ye wise as serpents and innocent as doves, said Yeshua...

...I do believe he was suggesting we get our street smarts because we NEED to be prepared for what we are going up against...

...not the universal equal opposite of God, but it's evil and dangerous none the less.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 02:43 AM

I understand your point, but there is a big difference between posting a pic of you and your kids and actually having bringing someone home to meet them. It's not like we have our full address posted here (I hope no one does anyway) and as long as you live in a city with more than a few thousand residents its a pretty far stretch that someone could track your house down. I'm sure it's possible but is it probable?

The reason I have pics posted is because as a widowed dad with 2 small boys, I rarely get pics taken of me by myself. Its either pics of the boys or pics of me with them. The most recent ones I have are me with them.

I definately see your point but just sayin'.

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 10:57 AM

This is the only pic with my son in it that I post ANYWHERE. Excluding my facebook.

Though no woman that I've dated the past two years has met my son yet. I'll be dating a woman for the first time and she'll say "oh oh I wanna meet him!" I'll tell her "I have to know you a little better no offense" and they get aggravated.

I know too many people that trust they're kids around anybody, and I don't trust people in general. I will not bring anybody home that could potentially put my son in danger, even if they seem trustworthy at first.

I have me and my son as the main picture, so right off the bat, they know I'm a dad.

But one thing I don't understand is how parents will make a myspace or whatever for they're kid, when they're kid can't even talk yet. It seems a little dangerous to be putting them out in the internet world like that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 06:55 PM

Actually this post has had me thinking..

Yeah, I'm going to change the pic

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 01:32 PM

Just wanted to say that I think your profile is amazing.

Just wish I lived in Knoxville.

I also think it is very good and honest that you include your kids in your profile and in your pics. When God sends someone to you....they will fall in love with you and will more than likely fall in love with your kids even more than they are in love with you...lol

Just wanted to encourage you. God will supply your need and fulfill the desires of your heart. I can tell you that I have 2 grown sons and it has been nice not having to be responsible for kids for a while...but I want you to know...If I fell in love with someone with kids, I would embrace it with joy and a challenge to be the best mom they could ever wish for. By the same token, If I fall in love with someone who has never had kids and really desired one, I would have another one without hesitation.

It truly shows where they heart is and their mindset as to how they respond to your kids. I will also tell you to watch your kids reactions. Kid's hearts and feelings are pure. They know if someone is "acting" like they like them or if they truly do. Someone gave me that advice about my kids when they were younger...I found it to be so true.

Good Luck...and God Bless

PS - If you need a phone pal just to drop ideas on or questions.......fell free to contact me. I am honest and legit...I am a private investigator, so I have been through all the background and fingerprint checks with the state and the FBI...LOL

Donna 864-201-0231

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 04:01 PM

dear folks, something to keep in mind about pics of children on any site.. serial killers and child molesters tend to covet what they see everyday... so sposin theres one looking at your child on a site everyday?

ole cattle

mightbeblasphemy

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2009 03:40 AM

Also what does it matter what your kids look like? I mean like I'd like to holler at you but your kid needs to stop hitting the cheetoes so hard?

Got me thinking about pictures in general. Pulled mine while I think about it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 12:58 PM

My photo with my kid in it is very old. I doubt anyone would recognize her now from that pic. And really, I'm looking for someone to be in my life permanently, it wouldn't be fair for them to not know what they're getting into. By omitting the truth, you're lying to that person and can't have a true honest relationship with them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 02:33 PM

dear marie, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 07:10 PM

This is a very good warning and last Easter I taken my mother to our local church, We know everyone that knows us here lol which to say is I did the very thing that you said the police said others do to use the start up on a conversation, I was assisting my Mother out at the door to the church and I seen a young man gettng out oh his car as his wife was driving and waiting. He genoursly volunteered to help me with my Mother. Not knowing us at all. I noticed the stickers on the back of his familys car and the last name was the give away which was his mothers name when she was married to his dad. I then asked the young man if his name was .... and he admitted it was and I told him that I graduated with his mother but after he answered he paused and said hay that was a pretty good guess how did you know who I was (being he never seen me before or my mother) and I said by your family name's on the back of your car which still was in front of us ) .. Just a true witness that it can happen just like that.... seconds count when you give out or post any thing you need to save for your own personal value and not knowing who is the reader and taking in the information is a really big risk and talking to a stranger is really not what is use to be either. This young man is very lucky it was me. lol but its true... I just wanted to share my witness to this very thing on this post is true. It can happen to U....anywhere...good or bad people read these...

Page : 1 2