Author Thread: "Focus On The Family". Any of you parents miss Dr.James Dobson?
Admin

"Focus On The Family". Any of you parents miss Dr.James Dobson?
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 03:41 PM

I always have loved to hear Dr.James Dobson for like four years now (well,coming close to five for the New Year).I now that good things must come to an end,but i'm gonna still miss his voice on that radio program.I'm single of course,but it's was nice for me at the time to hear his advice & comments,even if i do'nt always agree with him.I've never read any of his books,but were they any of them that you see useful? Hearing that announcement that last October,was very,VERY sad for me! (sigh).

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 07:21 PM

Well,you do'nt have to be a parent to post a reply here,but anyone knows who i'm talking about? Did'nt anyone besides me out there had grown up with "Adventures In Odessey"? The radio program or the animation version?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 07:45 PM

He's on every Saturday night on the local Christian radio station. He won't be doing that anymore? I don't always catch it unless I'm out in the car; Only heard a couple of the Adventures in Oddesey shows - comes on at 8:30 Sunday AM so never caught it much. That is kinda sad to hear.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 07:53 PM

He has a new show and organization now...Family Talk. I listen to Adventures in Odyssey about once a week! It is on when I'm driving home on Wednesday evenings. I think most of them are just re-runs now, though. I'm not sure if they are making new ones.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 05:38 AM

Thank you Alycorn & BCP.I'm pretty sure that i've heard on the radio between last September or so that they announced that he was leaving at the time.In fact,they had a special farewell program in tribute for him for his over 30 something years in the ministry.If it's possible that he's still around,then i do'nt know,but it's also possible that what you're hearing is re-runs of old programs that they had done before.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 08:02 AM

No, Family Talk is new...they aren't re-runs! The Odyssey shows are probably re-runs, though. I suppose it's possible that you don't get Family Talk where you are, though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 06:40 PM

No,Bcp,in fact,i have never even heard about it! We only get the program that the other people had taken over from him & the "weekend magazine" radio show.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 02:50 AM

Yes, I used to listen to him too and that is a great loss!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 06:44 PM

Yes, it is sad Gods' Girl,but BCP said there's another show that he's on .I miss him too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 09:41 PM

I replied to another post on here about Dr. Dobson only today. Dr. Dobson is a multi-talented author, counselor, talkshow host, as well as physician and psychologist. I am quite familiar with his books and radio shows. He oversaw the treatment for my sister in the late 60's when he was practicing in Los Angeles, Ca.

Ms. Pixy posted a link to one of his articles in another thread, but I can't remember which one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 07:31 PM

Thanks brother for sharing,& Its nice to meet you!Welcome to the forums!:glow::applause: