Author Thread: Dating With Your Children.
Admin

Dating With Your Children.
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 03:32 PM

Strange question for me to ask,but would you date in general with your children involved? (i.e,carrying them with you on your first date or you going on their first date with them)?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 10:07 PM

On a first date, no, but at some point, yes, the children have to be included. Any relationship headed toward marriage in which one of the members has children must take into account the children. There will be a change in family dynamics, and everyone needs to spend time together.

But not on every date, either.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2011 07:17 PM

To: Mountain Lass!Thank you!:applause: I agree with you 100% !

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 11:00 AM

I too, agree that your children should not be introduced to any date until marriage is near the future.

The problem I have is my son (12yrs old) does not like me dating at all because his dad still wants to get back together w/ me and our son has been made very aware of this for a long time. This is not an option for me. We tried twice to reconcile after the divorce.

I have made it a point to not involve him or even tell him about any date I have or anyone I'm talking to. My son is w/ me 26 days out of the month so a date, if any I even do get is rare.

Any suggestions?

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 05:38 PM

Suggestions? Stay single while he is a minor if he's that deadset on you not having a new husband.

Dannygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 02:07 PM

I think that waiting until marriage is in the near future is waiting a lil to long. How can you decided to marry a man if you have no idea if he will mesh well into your family?What if he meets the kids and they cant stand each other? I think at some point when things look like it may get serious you should start doing group activites, church social events maybe even a day at the zoo with a bunch of your friends so they can meet and your son could meet him without even knowing that you were dating. I have known of women who wait to long and have deal with some tough choices cause in the end the kids never had a chance to get to know the man.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 06:42 PM

Wow!look at what i've missed! Thank you all!!!:glow::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Babybluez07

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 10:47 AM

I would have to agree with everyone as well. I have found that waiting too long to introduce the child(ren) can be a negative, but doing it too soon is as well. I have to have a pretty good feel for a person before I bring them into my children's lives.

I am a single mother of 2 and like others, my children still don't understand why "mommy and daddy don't live together". Regardless of what role a new person has in my life, ie: friend, partner, or mentor, I get to know them well before I have my children around them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 05:52 PM

Yes, i agree with you.Do'nt you worry though,with God,the right person will show up in time. God Bless you!:glow:

kitkatrina

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 02:23 PM

I know life is not perfect here on earth. I agree that you can not wait till the adults decide to get marry to start involving the children. Thats not fair....to the kids or the person dating the parent.

I do not go out on a lot of dates so its not there are a string of men that I would be introducing my kids to, but before I have a first date I have found out a lot about them and have talked to him to see how he feels about kids. I mean if he doesnt like kids, why even have a first date. LOL

When I dont have kids in my home (Im a foster mom) and if I was to date someone with kids, I always want to find out about them and want to meet them to see. Perhaps not on the first date, but at least sometime early in the relationship.

I try to think about the Brad Paisley song "Half The Man" and here are some of the lyrics:

When a single Mom goes out on a date with somebody new

It always winds up feeling more like a job interview

My Momma used to wonder if she�d ever meet someone

That wouldn�t find out about me and then turn around and run

I met the man I call my Dad when I was five years old

He took my Mom out to a movie, and for once I got to go

A few months later I remember lying there in bed

I overheard him pop the question and I prayed that she�d say yes

And then all of a sudden, oh it seemed so strange to me

How we went from �something�s missing� to a family

Looking back all I can say about all the things he did for me

Is I hope I�m at least half the Dad that he didn�t have to be.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2011 07:19 PM

Thank you for your comments Kitkatrina! God Bless you & your family! :):applause::glow: