Author Thread: Single Dad in Louisiana
Admin

Single Dad in Louisiana
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 06:41 PM

Hello, my name is Chancy. Yep, you guessed right. I'm a single dad here in Louisiana! Montgomery, LA to be exact, about 30 minutes or so north of Alexandria. Was born and raised in LA. Just moved back here a couple of years ago from Little Rock, AR. Unfortunately, my sons still reside there. Yet, my ministry has brought me back here. Was married for 8 years before my ex-wife left me. I could not talk her out of it, as she had a hard time having to deal with sacrificial giving of time and effort for the ministry we both had.

I do see my 2 angels any time I am remotely close to them while I am on the road evangelizing. God has continually and truly blessed me! Outside of Jesus, my boys are the best thing that has happened to me. :glow:

Just wondering who might be single, with or without children, who can kind of relate to where I am at? lol...And you don't have to be from Louisiana. Hope to hear from someone soon, and God Bless you! :waving:

luvinjesus319

View Profile
History
Single Dad in Louisiana
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 07:30 PM

Hey Chancy... Welcome to the forum! (Im assuming your kinda new here as you put an update on your profile lol)

I have driven alot of miles through your neck of the woods bc my fam is all in Mississippi. Sorry to hear your sons are still in AR, I know that must be hard. I couldnt imagine that adjustment. Im sure God will bless that sacrifice you did for His ministry. Praying blessings over that! Awesome that you travel doing evangelism...

God bless!

View Profile
History
Single Dad in Louisiana
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 09:07 PM

Thank you very much and I appreciate it! :angel: I see you are from Texas City? I've been through there quite a few times. I have several friends in South Texas I went to Bible College with, and some in north Texas.

It took a while to get readjusted here, but God has helped me. I miss my boys tremendously, as it feels my heart gets ripped out each time I have to leave them. It helps though, that I talk to them every day now. :applause:

Nice to see that you have been through school while being a single mom. I do admire that, and I can only imagine the stress involved during that.

I have travelled quite a bit over the last few years as far west as Colorado and Arizona, as far north as Indiana, and as far as New York, Pennsylvania, and all the small northeastern states. I guess there's not many I haven't been to! lol

Thank you for posting a comment, and look forward to talking with you sometime!

luvinjesus319

View Profile
History
Single Dad in Louisiana
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 09:42 PM

We call it "Toxic City" Im not from here, just passing through, hopefully lol

Still trying to figure out how they won "All American City" its pretty icky here.

I bet you have gained alot of wisdom in all your travels and probably have a pretty neat photo album too!

Night