Author Thread: Chatting long distance
Kimz4real

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 30 Sep, 2010 08:52 PM

It's great to meet people from anywhere.. But have you have started to like someone or tho't you'd end up together somehow. but the possiblity of moving seemed unlikely.. What did you do?

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 11 Oct, 2010 09:20 PM

One thing I believe, Jesus is not an impossible kind of God. If He is willing, He would open the doors that no one could close. But, it always takes three to tango in Christ-based relationship, Jesus, you and your partner. So.. If one party is not interested or not willing to put any effort, then it would be likely hard to be happened.

=)

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 12 Oct, 2010 08:31 PM

That happened to me. I met a guy who lives 800 miles away (but within the USA), and we really hit it off. We talked a lot online, and even Skyped some. But he's not interested in dealing with much distance. We did meet after a year of being online friends, and I found myself hoping that he'd find me interesting enough to give it a try, but no such luck.

Now I'm very nervous about even attempting to get to know someone who lives more than a few hours away. I'm not completely opposed to it, but I can't help but feel that it's not really worth the effort...or heartache, if everything is perfect except for the distance and one person's unwillingness to at least try.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 14 Oct, 2010 09:33 AM

Yeah...if my girlfriend lived much farther away it would be very hard. I know people that have made it work, so I guess it's not impossible...but yeah...hard. Before I met her, I didn't "seriously" talk to anyone that was more than 300 miles away. For a lot of reasons. Time/money/family/friends/jobs/etc. It would be a lot to ask for anyone to uproot and move to a new place, far from friends/family/familiar territory.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 08:55 PM

Well it's a very sensitive thing. I know people who have taken flights to meet each other and ended up together. I met someone on the net talked with him for about 6 months. I really liked him but the story ends in heartbreak (the short version). I guess I shouldn't have spent so much time talking with someone, if we hadn't met yet. You get emotionally attached. Be careful. (and you're so gorgeous!)

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 5 Nov, 2010 11:02 PM

Hi my dear sister,This christian life is a life of faith, the just shall live by faith,each �ne of us God has patterned our lives. Jeremiah 29.11. ITS trusting in him and listening to your innervoice of peace,taking counsel from others,praying and many other ways, it takes God to unite two people,it takes God to marry them,it takes God to keep them.in short,the earth is the lords and everthing thereof. Your the lords,your partner is the lords,if your Godly meant for one another you,ll Godly meet because His Word over your life must come to pass. And then this site is so global.if God didnt do it who did it?

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 11:55 PM

Yes I agree with all of you....

For God nothing is impossible, but I also understand

(as JesusLovesYouAndMe mention above)," it always takes three to tango in Christ based relationship, Jesus, you and your partner"'

In my case I was willing to take the chances (dealing with the possible and impossible by Faith), but he wasn't...sooo many obstacles on his way, so many plans for his own, and I really did not fit on them... and I ended up with my heart broken.

As she stated above, if one party is not willing to put any/or all effort, then it would be likely hard to be happened.

Not making way for the will of God for his/her life to happen, and chances are he/she could lose the chance to be blessed.

People tend to think that obstacles= NOT Gods will/ which I think is a mistake, most of the time obstacles are there to be overcome, not necessarily you should give up when u see one.

All the stages of Faith comes with obstacles, it's really up to us to either go thru them and win, or give up on at them, and lose the chance to be richly blessed regardless of distance (in this case).

God bless you all =^..^=

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 08:25 PM

I'm not sure if this is directed to only the women.. but, i'll answer anyway! I guess i feel like most. And i have had an experience with an Aussie girl that i was interested in,she had commitments with a young child and his daddy.. and i respected that! But , i too had the same commitments to my lil girl.. so, we both decided to let go of what was looking to be a wonderful relationship.. we had not met but we spent alot of time getting to know one another. And i truly believe you must spend time together in order to know if your compatible and this can be abit tough when you both work and live a great distance from one another. I have since decided to only look within my country and in no way is that deperessing.. So ,, my conclusion, within our country it still may be somewhat difficult but possible if your both willing to meet in the middle.

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 10:27 PM

I Agree, it takes three! What happens when it don't work the way we think it should ?

I know that we are to put nothing before God. That includes our feelings. So. how does a true God fearing Christain man or woman become DEPRESSED?

If we give in to DEPRESSION, are we in a sence saying Sorry..God, I'm not sure you can handle this?

Gods word says, Jesus gave Peter the KEYS to the kingdom that the gates of hell shall not prevail against us. The Church! So..lets use them....praying from the heart through Jesus our Lord and savior to the throne room of God we have access to those keys and doors will be open or shut! Amen?

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 31 Jan, 2011 06:14 PM

Amen brother, I like and agree with everything you have to say.

You may email me at [email protected] or facebook Deborah Cornett Berryman

Then we can exchange phone numbers

Be Blessed

Debbie

View Profile
History
Chatting long distance
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 08:25 AM

This christian life takes faith.Dating takes faith,there is hope that there is somebody out there for you.If we are true believers,distance should not be a problem.What matters most is the person you meet.Is he/she a true believer in Christ.Are they faithful?Are they looking for the same thing?When you prayed for your partner what did you ask for,sadly,most people are looking for things that do not exist that is one reason they have found it difficult or have missed their rightful partners.

Anyway my case is different because knowing the God Almighty that i serve,nothing is too difficult for Him as in Jer32:27 behold i am the Lord,the God of all strength,is there anything too hard for me?Again i serve as an evangelist,so it is my duty to spread the word of God to all nations even to unreachable places,so to me distance would not be a barrier,as i believe that God takes over most of my impossible situations.He has done it for me in the past and He will always do.