Author Thread: Phases?
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 06:44 AM

My question, which I hope isn't nonsensitive, is when you decide, if it was you who decided to leave your ex, to leave the relationship what stages or phases do you go through before you can move on to another relationship. For example.. phases1: deciding to leave the relationship, phase 2: thinking perhaps leaving was wrong or wondering if you can do it on your own, phase 3: rediscovery yourself and liking your new "freedom"...etc...Are there phases or stages and if so what are they or have they been for you?

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 07:21 PM

No one can help me out??

springrose10

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 08:33 PM

That's not an easy question. I've been thinking about it, but am not sure I can answer well. I'll keep thinking and praying. After all, when you go through it, you're not thinking about stages, you're just trying to survive.

Rose

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 08:48 PM

yeah I guess that's so...just kind of wonder if there's steps like those ones for grieving you know something like denial, anger, acceptance, and forgiveness or something like that...

springrose10

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 10:08 PM

I guess I would say that because I know that God hates divorce I was in denial for years just thinking that God would heal my ex. I knew that divorce is not God's will. The stages of grief did apply in that I had to grieve that death of my marriage and believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that divorce was the ONLY solution to my situation, before I could even consider taking action. Does that make sense?

So after I threw him out, there was no looking back. All the doubts were taken care of before I filed for divorce. After that, the healing seemed like 4 steps forward, 3 steps back. 'Course healing from PTSD would be different than a women that has not experienced abuse, so I can't compare my "phases" with others.

Also, because I had a successful first marriage, I didn't go through the "I hate men" phase. I knew that my ex was a mentally ill man not to be compared with others.

Again, because of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I don't know that you'll get the answers you're looking for from me.

1Babygirl has computer access problems, but if you sent her a private message, I bet she's be willing to talk to you. I'm guessing Brandy would share her thoughts with you too, but she hasn't been around much lately.

Good luck,

Rose

jlaughlin0002

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2010 11:34 PM

I would certainly talk with you but you have age limits that restrict me from even sending you an email. Ya might try loosening those up a bit bud :excited:

View Profile
History
Phases?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 07:48 AM

grief over the end of a relationship

anger that you're by yourself and have to go through the whole dating process again

more anger cause the right person just isn't around and you're still by yourself

acceptance that it may take a while, and God might have something for you to do while single

anxiety that you're still single

acceptance of singlehood

anxiety of still being single

etc.