Author Thread: A lesson I LEARNED from my son
Admin

A lesson I LEARNED from my son
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 06:32 PM

Today I took my kids to the park my two oldest Sha 7 and Aria 9 were on the monkey bars having fun making it look easy. While my son who is 5 was having problems letting go he would not move he's feet off the ladder and when it came to him holding his body weight the Fear of falling along with the challenge to hold on made him let go. And everytime he fail he felt more and more convince that he will never learn.

The only difference between my son and the girls was, trust in me that I will catch them before they fall and they believe that they will venally get it.He lack those two thing which he will learn them over time I am going to mark the calendar and when he gets it I want to show him how long it took.

Now that you know the story I can tell you the lesson I LEARNED. I took a test today and failed I came home sad and I know I only have one more shot and alot is riding on me passing the test. I had already made up in my mind I was going to fail because I didn't study and I did.

My son showed me that sometime you have to let go of what feels safe and take a risk believing that it will work. I mean whats the point of a goal if you don't think you can make it. Now this dose not mean that i won't but no preparation because i will be studying tonite and in the morning. It just means when I sit in that sit I WILL remember to trust god and to claim that i am going to pass this test. And I will remember how my son looked when he failed and I LOOKED HE IN HIS EYES AND SAID TRY . Than it hit me I'm I afraid of letting go and trusting God and that might be whats holding me back already feeling like I CAN'T hold my own wieight and to afraid to let the unknown just be take one day at a time. I get it now and I understand what god wanted me to hear. Trust in him and you will never fail the same way again God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 08:26 PM

That' a real inspiration! Thanks for sharing

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 10:38 PM

Wonderful post, kids can share, show and say the most amazing things. Good luck with the test.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2010 08:52 PM

It's funny how God even works through our kids to get us to realize things. Just the things they say are a wonder.

One time, when I was feeling down, my son (whos 4) asked what was wrong, he then told me "Jesus loves you mamma"...talk about perfect timing...

God has a way with communicating with us in such ways that only those with a true relationship with Him can see :)