Author Thread: God CAN Give Second Chances. I Would Like A Friend To Talk With Through These Times.
Admin

God CAN Give Second Chances. I Would Like A Friend To Talk With Through These Times.
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 09:38 PM

I've grown up in the Methodist church all my life and God's greatest strength (or weakness at times) is easily forgiving. This guy I was dating lied to me on a constant basis. But he was so good at lying, I always believed him. I'd always find out the next day or so when a friend would spot him out. A month after we got together, he took another girl out to dinner and to a bar, and then stayed the night at her place. I didn't find out until a lot later. Naturally, I forgave him. I always believed in the "Don't end it - MEND it" saying. I thought I could fix things. But I couldn't. Nearly every weekend, he'd tell me he was at a friend's house or working late, only to find out he was at the strip bars. Confronting him, he'd tell me "They need to be supported, too!" I soon found out I was pregnant by this guy. I was so devastated because I knew he'd never change and I didn't want my little one growing up with that. So, here I am today with a beautiful 3 month old baby girl and I'm so blessed by her. But I still have to deal with his lying and betraying. He's an alcoholic, has been in trouble many times with meth, heroin, cocaine, and other drugs. I didn't find all this out until after I became pregnant. He never told me about this stuff, and I finally went to the courthouse to find out about his background.

What I really want is to find a good, Christian, loving guy who is going to love me and my daughter. Although she wouldn't be his, I would hope he'd still love her just the same. Like Mary and Joseph. He still loved her. I am a strong person and I know I will be able to trust again, but I'm still hurt. If there is a guy reading this and it touches you, please message me. I'd love to have someone to talk to and trust again. I'm deeply hurt and I want to move on and live my wonderful life like it's supposed to be. Please. Thank you so much for your time and God Bless. May this never happen to you! God WILL give second chances! I BELIEVE!!!

tristan07

View Profile
History
God CAN Give Second Chances. I Would Like A Friend To Talk With Through These Times.
Posted : 16 Dec, 2009 05:11 PM

Blessings to you, truly. You are only in the beginning of your life, focus on that little one you have inside and prepare to be a good single mother right now. Find people around you to help you. Don't rush into anything with a guy who is there to *rescue you* Make sense, not mistakes.

butterfly101

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2009 12:05 PM

Hi.

We all want love. But love is not just about romantic love...i am not patronising you...christian men also have weaknesses...most important thing is keep your focus on Jesus, He will not disappoint when it comes to True love.

May God helps you in your search.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2009 02:47 PM

Katie,

You've been given some excellent advice here and I'm sure more from family and friends and chiurch. Your Heart knows what the right and moral and Godly choices are and should be...it is your "flesh" that is weak and needs to be strenghten. Lean on Jesus...lean your head on His Shoulder and Walk with Him. Learn that you are a Most Precious Creation -- worthy of His Dying for you.

If you would only Realize and BELIEVE that...you will never ever again allow yourself to be cheapen by anyone or thing. You deserve the very Best that life or men can give you and now you have one more reason to love yourself as Christ Loves you.

Your road will not be an easy one or it could be as easy as you meeting a Wonderful Christian Man tomorrow, but you must First learn to Love yourself and be secure with whom you are or you will not be able to love the way God wants you to Love.

My prayers go out to you...for your intentions...for your child...for God's Will to be done...that the birth of this Child Glorifies God and His Ineffable Mercy and Goodness and I will pray for the father's convergence and return to the Flock.

All this is asked In Jesus' Name...AMEN!

wingsofeagles88

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 07:01 PM

You sound alot like me..my situation was a little different, but i fell in love with a man that i thought i knew and that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with..it wasn't until about three months after the wedding i found out all of it was lie..everything..who he was..his character..his bad habits..and mostly his cheating on me. As it turns out i also found out i was pregnant about the same time..I spent the entire pregnancy with him because i really thought "we're a family we can work this out" and "I married him, i love him...if i just work harder at this i can make him see and make him want to be a good family man"..as it turns out, you can't..or at least i certainly couldn't. But now i have this adorable wonderful little boy who is turning 1 in March..and he is everything to me. And the most rewarding thing that i have done as a mother was leave that man, because since i left him and have been raising my son in a house filled with love and free from that kind of pain and tension..my son is a happy baby. He giggles all the time, he wants for nothing, he is being raised by a mother that is happy and attentive and a grandmother that spoils him rotten lol..All i can say is i know it's hard, and it hurts..And sometimes you're heart tells you that you love someone who hurts you like that..but you have to do what makes you happy..and being with that man will NEVER make you happy..being with that man will never make your child happy either..Break away from that pain and rejoice in the greatest love created (the love between a child and mother) and know that God has someone really special planned for you. It helps me to remember that the bible says "those who wait upon the Lord in strength will rise up with wings of eagles".. if you want to talk feel free to email me anytime..Hang in there girl!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 11:19 PM

Most importantly from my point of view - kudos to you for not killing your daughter just because she was unplanned. You should feel proud of that fact every day for the rest of your life.

I'm a sober drunk, 26 years, and one thing I know for sure about all practicing alcoholics - they're all liars! Don't trust a one about anything. Another thing I know is each absolutely has the chance to get sober with God's help, though sadly most won't. Since this prince charming is in your life for the next 18 years (unless you get lucky and he goes to prison) you may want to recommend he check out Alcoholics Anonymous.

One last thing to consider. Maybe try surrendering what you want for a while. Your new daughter will help with that exercise, I promise. I say this because you stated you wanted to find a ...... I invite you to consider that maybe you don't know what's best for you at all, ever (just like the rest of us). I've heard it said that happiness isn't getting what you want but rather wanting what you have. I'm not a big proponent of happiness being the ultimate goal on planet Earth but the general idea is sound I think.

Take care,

Tom

AFRIQUE

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2010 06:01 AM

He has given me a new lease in life and to God be the Glory.

He was there in the beginning and he knows what is best for me and he shall lay it in my path

my54300

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2010 08:58 AM

I'm christian an EVANGELICAL PENTECOSTAL CHURCH.I'm afrencch native speaker livng in Italy. I love JESUS-CHRISTas my eternal saviour.I believe in GOD everlast father byJESUS and dedicte wolly my life to him.I moving and applying by faith in my life according to the scriptures in holy bible in every circumstance whoever the situation that i can past through in my life. I believe to a salvation and back of JESUS soon.

Sometime i think thaaat my destiny is primarily conneected to wisdom of migthy GOD in heaven.self knoweldge and compassion service to the world.So it sem to have a universaaal approach to the way.I live and this seem in most of action.If someboby suffering or in some type of trouble, it touch my heart and i can help, but to offer some assistances without hoping in reward in back from them.There is a misericord and compassion humanitarian feeling thaaat my heart draw me.

-Praaayer is my weapon and my strengh (lc 18:1, Ep6:118,Ro12:12 col4:22 1th5:17...). In eevery situation i usually pray more than talk and discuss

- The scriptures are my light and sword (ps 119:105 Ep6:17)

Itook moree times to read so the holly spirit help me to discover a wisdom and knoweldge of God thruogh his words

-Faith is my way to fight and overcome any situation of trouble that's seem impossible (lc1.37 ;Jb42:2)

-Im neever trust to people when i'm aafflicted or in problem no cry ,no explain to somebody.But in the praayer secretly ,God interview

-Truth and rigthous are divins links which connected my soul humbly to God in heaven

-I experimented every situation in my life according to the scriptures in bible. Patience and perseverence are the fruits of ghost.May God bless you and hope to read from you soom. I try to reach you first by this text message as a commitment of our relation frendship. I love you

cheekyangel09

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2012 06:14 AM

It is true that God can give second chances to his people. But Satan don't have any chances. I am a born again christian, I love Jesus Christ and He is my King and Savior.Through repentance we are forgiven.

Let's live according to his will and purpose.

cheekyangel09

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 06:14 AM

Hi.. you know what if it's God's will, God will make a way to give a guy who will love you and your daughter. But don't be so rushed in things like these..

Just have faith in Jesus Christ!

God bless you..