Author Thread: what's the point of even bothering?
CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
what's the point of even bothering?
Posted : 22 May, 2023 02:50 PM

Given how toxic and antisocial my generation is on top of their hateful views on christians and relationships as a whole what's the point of even bothering trying to find someone??? i mean I been looking for almost 8 years since my late fiancé died and been on a small handful of dates. like literally no one my age wants relationships. everyone my age just wants a sinful hookup or a free meal. and kids nope, kids are apparently a burden to be avoided like a plague. heck it's hard to even get someone my age to say hello back when I say hi. like why would I or anyone my age even bother trying to make friends with someone our own age let alone bothering to try and start a relationship????

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2023 05:38 PM

definitely not worth it. was on a few, nothing but nude photos and people straight up asking for sex. people are degenerate and i'm beginning to realize why the catholic church used to put people to death back in the middle ages. ether way i'm done bothering. with everything. my family is sinful and hates me for being christian, i can't ho to church because my father tried to close the church in town down and they don't want me around, people hate me for being christian, other people can't even say a simple hello. like why bother

FDCWillard

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 01:43 AM

Lately I have been trying something of the Isaac approach. His father (God) organized his wife while he was in the field busy doing his work.

It's difficult to know just what your role actually is in finding a spouse and where you have to leave it to God who knows better ... because if nothing else I have learnt my usual taste in woman is hazardous to mental health.

Apparently I like to live dangerously and cannot stand suspense but here I am.

I have has thin ones, fat ones, white ones, an indian one, one who has an eyes problem, prudes, nymphos, desperate ones, rude ones etc.... But never one that actually seems to fit me just ones I wanted to fit.

All I have is mistakes... and irritation that it's taking so long. I literally know better what is not good for me than what is good for me because of unwanted experience in it.

The annoying thing is there seems to be enough attractive options but because of my low financial status and resulting lack of mobility they are all too far away so "you are nice but so far away" is a common scenario....

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 05:04 AM

FDCWillard, that's the best approach.. ask your Father to send you the one (and you to her)

That's what I suggested in the other thread, and you were kinda sceptical..

Yes, it does take faith, but many of us have realised that our own tastes, preferences and desires can be misleading.

FDCWillard

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 01:55 PM

It's the specific method I'm sceptical about not the idea behind it.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 02:47 PM

I knew a Christian man who said he asked God to let the right lady for him approach him first .

She did and they got married! I went to their lovely wedding.

It was beautiful. Over 10 yrs ago . They were in there 50's.

So God works according to how He sees fit !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 02:48 PM

CDFF

deactivated

he maybe back !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2023 03:33 PM

That couple both had Previous relationships.

Spouses don't drop from the sky.

Page : 1 2