Author Thread: Do you have Children?
Shunammite

View Profile
History
Do you have Children?
Posted : 25 May, 2009 09:18 AM

Thought I'd share this in honor of our military as we celebrate memorial day today.

God has led my 6 year old and I to appreciate military personnel every time we see them at the airport. We happen to fly pretty often to an airport close to a military base and the opportunity abounds!

So, each time we see someone dressed in the uniform, I encourage her to go meet them and she tells them "Thank you for serving my country" - She personalizes it as an American child. Recently, she doesnt even wait for me to tell her. She initiates it, and revels the idea of being an extension of God's love to them in that simple gratitude for their service.

...And she always has questions that help me teach her one lesson or the other about God's freedom in Christ and its price, the fallen world, selflessness, etc. So, parents, your children can honor others and learn in the process too!

If you happen to be a veteran or inservice-personnel reading this, YOU ARE HONORED AND APPRECIATED FOR YOUR SERVICE! THANK YOU!:applause::applause::applause:

View Profile
History
Do you have Children?
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 07:50 PM

I think that is really good that you and your daughter embrace military personnel like that. It warms my heart to hear things like that. Keep it up.:glow:

Tonika:waving: