Author Thread: I am having the hardest time finding anyone interested........
Admin

I am having the hardest time finding anyone interested........
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 10:02 PM

Hi ya'll. I'm new to the forum, but have been browsing for a little while now. I am just having the hardest time lol finding anyone interested in me!! It's really depressing actually. LOL. Any other parents have a tough go at it too???

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 07:55 PM

Well hun the only two cents I can add is that I have found when I quit trying so hard, and allow God to find them for me it works best.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 08:30 PM

Welcome to the forums. Come join in, and let some of the guys get to know you a little bit while they work up the courage to contact you. It really is the best way. I met my girl on here, by talking on the forums.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 08:58 PM

even harder, is that I have young chldren at home and I am in my 50's. Most men have finished raising their children by now and tell me they are not interested in starting over with young children. The majority of profiles of men my age and older say they do not want children.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2009 02:18 AM

LOL!..........I've just joined the forum beacuse I find most men don't want to just be friends if they do't see the potential in having something more and if you happen to have children you get less responses!

But i wouldn't stress.........Gods timing is always the best timing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2009 04:10 PM

Same situation here but reversed. I find at 41 with a 6 and 3 yr old at home, its darned near impossible to get a date. GFranted I just joined this site, and maybe it is differnet (fingers crossed and praying!) but on some of the other sites women my age have grown kids and don't want more. In a few cases I have seen women a couple of years older that list grandkids. Of course, the biggest problem I have with these sites is that there is no telling what someone means by not wanting kids. Does that mean you don't relesh the idea of childbirth (right there with ya!)but'it's cool if you have kidsa lready. Or does it mean that they don't like kids at all and would prefer not having to deal with any. I know there are only so many options for each page, but it ddoesn';t make it easy for me to try to decide if someone is going to be interested when I send out a wink or email.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest when I saw the topic. :)

Thanks all.

Tim

akathephotographer

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2009 10:02 AM

Will take an exceptional man to walk into your life and stick around when you have kids -

So, my thoughts are that it will take time to find that someone who is exceptional. Anything less would be a mistake...

Good luck and know you are not alone with this issue!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 06:26 AM

I've been saved just over 5 years and single almost as long.. As much as I would love to meet someone who completes my life.. I suppose I am not really sure where my life is going at the moment.

I know God has plans for my life, I just haven't figured them out yet. Most importantly, I know when the time is right, God will put someone in my path that's exactly what I need, not what I am looking for.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 11:42 PM

Girl I feel your pain!!!!!!!! A year and a half I must meet over 50 guys day from my job to shopping to appts yadda yadda and not a look not a hi NOTHING!

My girlfriend suggested that POSSIBLY it is US. Uh huh that's right. Are we maybe jsut a little showing that we are a little afraid of men?

I am a very confident person, I truly love myself and have a snotload of friends but, when it comes to guys oh my! When I was married it was no problem talking to them but since I've been single I find myself kinda ignoring them a little.

Could you maybe be doing the same thing? Could it be we are afriad of acting like a dork so we kinda steer away to avoid any possible accidental stupid comments?

Are we making eye contact or moving away quickly so they don't see us checking them out (that's right checking them out - it's not a sin!):glow:

anyway food for thought.....

Blessings

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 07:19 AM

Maybe you could try people like ME

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 07:23 AM

No, I was joking. Just keep on praying and fasting.

Page : 1 2