Author Thread: When to introduce new parent...
Liz22NE

View Profile
History
When to introduce new parent...
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 03:17 PM

Hi everyone, I'm 21 and my daughter is almost 3, so I haven't been at this single mom dating thing for very long. I'm wondering what you think is an appropriate time, place, way, to introduce someone new. There is no one in the picture, so this is all hypothetical, I'm just trying to be prepared. Do I wait until we're serious, engaged, married...? I don't want to introduce someone who won't stick around for very long and end up breaking both of our hearts, but I also want her to have time to become comfortable with him before we would get married and live together (in that order). Any ideas? experiences?

Thanks. Liz.

evona

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 08:53 AM

HI

AM A GRANMA ALREADY BUT MY DAUGHTER JUST WENT THROUGH A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE

SHE DATED ABOUT THREE MEN BEFORE SHE MET "THE ONE"

THE THREE MEN NEVER MET HER CHILD,MY GRANDSON

SHE JUST DATED THEM ABOUT THREE TIMES AND JUST KNEW THE WAY THEY WERE AND HOW THEY RESPONDED THAT IT WAS NOT GOOD

THE FOURTH ONE HOWEVER SEEMED TO BE A KEEPER

HE SHOWED GENUINE INTEREST BUT EVEN THEN SHE WAS CAREFUL

SHE DATED HIM SIX TIMES BEFORE SHE FINALLY INTRODUCED HIM TO MY GRANDSON

AND EVERYTHING IS SO GOOD AND WONDERFUL NOW

OF COURSE SHE HAS A PRAYING MOM

SO PRAY

GIVE IT TO GOD

HE WILL GUIDE YOU

USE WISDOM TAKE YOUR TIME

AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU TOO

BARBARA ANN:waving:

Liz22NE

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2009 02:30 PM

Thank You.

antoniobradiano

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 12:12 AM

Soon as possible and never talk as though they dont understand. You know how older people used to talk in code or wispered. Didnt we grow to read in the line, well same hold true to them dont fool your self, sooner the better. Being 3 well they do as you do and say so introduce as soon as u can. I got a 21 17 15 yr old girls so my oldest is my step daughter. Dont explain punishment in front of them also because yall will have problems when the other sets a rule talk about that away from the child because they will learn how to manipulate u 2