Author Thread
LLLK

View Profile
Single Parent with Disabled Children
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 09:05 PM

Hi Darla

How old are your twins? My child with DS is 13 so by now it doesn't bother me as much but I still have my moments. On a positive note, because this boy is so outgoing and friendly, he manages to get smiles and people talking to him where ever we go even though he is pretty much nonverbal. Even his negative attention seeking behaviors make people laugh:dancingp: and they smile when they should have been angry (leaning into their cars and beeping the horn when they are looking the other way--makes them jump--and he thinks it is funny). My ex in-laws would have nothing to do with him.

Surprisingly also is that men I have dated seemed to take to him easier than to my younger, typical son. But taking him on as a stepchild, well ...I'm sure that would be another story to them. I wonder if the excuse "I'm too old for a new family" means they can't handle a disabled child. Their loss, for he enriches all the lives he touches.

Blessings to you and your children.

LLLK

View Profile
Prayer request
Posted : 26 Jul, 2008 07:43 AM

Thank you all. I was referred to this forum when I was having some anxiety about the test. I am so grateful to have been covered by your prayers! Believing for a praise report on this next week!! By His stripes I am healed!!!

God Bless you all.

LLLK

View Profile
Prayer request
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 05:43 AM

Please keep me in prayer today. I have to go for an MRA this afternoon, I have an aortic aneurysm. I'm a single mom with 2 young kids, one with Down Syndrome, I think I need to stick around and be healthy. I am praying God will go before me,and they won't even be able to find it today, it will be gone.

Thanks.

LLLK

View Profile
Outlawing Christianity
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 05:36 AM

A final apology for when I got off this very important subject with that post. I was not familiar with the etiquette of the forums at the time that I wrote that.

LLLK

View Profile
Outlawing Christianity
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 06:02 PM

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was also disappointed as I found him quite amusing and hope my question did not reflect negatively on him or the site.

LLLK

View Profile
Outlawing Christianity
Posted : 14 Jul, 2008 05:11 PM

Do you think Tomie got kicked off the site for his many opinions or do you think he just quit?