Author Thread
PeachPuff

View Profile
How do you approach on-line dating?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2008 01:59 PM

I agree with what you are saying Bubbles. However, in all my years of being divorced (21 yrs) what I have noticed about dating especially online dating and dating websites is that the majority of people are not honest. Honesty is the best policy, however, there are many sinners amongst us. Also, I did notice through the years that most of the MEN in the chatrooms have an insecurity problem when it comes to STRONG INDEPENDENT professional women. Those men who are insecure don't want to date seriously. In my experiences, most just want to play the field or just have a physical existence. God did not intend that for us. Like I said the majority of people will misrepresent themselves in their photos, online discussions, and then when you do meet them in person, they are totally different..as if their pictures online aged 20 yrs and 100 more lbs? What do you think?I do think that there are many honest women looking for a good man...but in my years of dating...I have noticed that many men become shy to committed relationships and NEVER want anything permanent again.

Dating in general is tough..God will bring you the person He has chosen for you. We all have to be patient.

Take Care and God Bless You All!

PeachPuff

View Profile
Calling all Clevelanders/NE Ohio folks
Posted : 7 Apr, 2008 11:59 AM

Hey Clevelanders, We need to get a chat forum for Northeast Ohio and the Cleveland area. There are so many folks out there in my age category 40 to 60 who are searching for each other. So I thought I would start this one. It is sometimes very challenging to talk to people who are Christians, single, divorced or widowed in our age category. Most people still have to work, and are in different stages of their lives (either still raising kids, or become MTnesters)..so I think this would be a great place to get some conversation going with other Cleveland area folks in their 40's to 60's age category. I find that when two people are closer in age, there is much more continuity and more in common rather than having the age difference become 10 to 20 yrs apart..Ok so tell me what you think!

Take care and God Bless You!

PeachPuff

View Profile
How do you feel about not being able to talk with someone in here just because they have limits with age?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2008 11:42 AM

There needs to be a dating forum in here for the 45 yr olds and up. It's not easy being a woman of 50. I don't feel or look 50. People always tell me I look younger...Also, it appears that many men (not all) who get into their 40's want to date the 25 yr old..not thinking that they (the man) has been married, has several kids, has custody or is paying out mucho bucks in child support...and the fact that if a woman in her 20's is smart in most situations does not want to be tied down with a man who is 45 or almost 50......if these women do..then in my experience, I have met several women who were Golddiggers in their 20's looking to find a man in their 40's and even 50's to wine and dine them...

So where does that leave me? With the 60 and 70 yr old men? LOL..I prefer dating men closer to my own age...from my own generation because we can discuss much more with commonalities.

I agree with you about the age limit thing. Folks in here should be able to make up their own decisions as to what age they want to date...In my experiences...most men who are in their 40's and 50's want to recapture their youth and want a "PRIZE Girfriend or WIFE" on their arm..(It's called MALE MENOPAUSE) The folks that I have met and have gotten married don't stay married for too long because there is an age difference, a generational gap, and there is not much common ground except for the physical part.

Take care and God Bless You All!!!

PeachPuff

View Profile
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2008 11:29 AM

There are alot of single mothers in this world..most of them become single not by their choice. It's usually the person who we marry or hook up with that turns to be the one that is not equally yoked with the mother. I became divorced by the choice of my son's father. He couldn't wait to get divorced from me because he was already sleeping around with the future Wife #2. His daughter is 3 months older than our son.The ironic twist to all of this is that we as mothers get the best part of the relationship. We get our kids and if we raise them the right way, they become great men and women. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake by cheating and are liars to the spouse that they so committed themselves in front of God and all their friends and relatives. Hopefully, the kids of Single Mothers especially will learn that it is not easy to be raised by only one parent..that a child needs both parents there...in their lives helping raise them and helping them become good people. It takes maturity and commitment to stay in a marriage and work things out so that there would be single mothers out there. Also, we have to spruce up our morals and standards so that women do not just lay down with anyone...Women of future generations have to learn to say "NO" to the person wanting to have intimate relations. Also, there is protection out there...so ladies...you can't keep a man by getting pregnant. Think before you do anything physically with a man.Get your education, get a career...and if you so choose later that you still want to be a mother..make sure you are able to provide financially for the child..and not have the government provide for you!!! Have some dignity and respect yourself ladies..You deserve it!

God Bless You All!

PeachPuff

View Profile
Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother
Posted : 6 Apr, 2008 01:02 PM

You are so right Tomie. We have to respect our parents. But it is sometimes very difficult to have to deal with our parents as they get older. My folks are 85 and 90 and stubborn. As they get older, they are getting more stubborn, more prejudiced, and just mean in their attitude. It's sad to see that.

How does one deal with an elderly parent that doesn't want to get help? My mother is hard of hearing to the point that it is affecting others. She is PETRIFIED of going to a doctor because she is SCARED that they might find something. My mother hides the fact that she is losing weight. There is something definitely wrong with her but she will act like nothing is going on. She wears 2 or 3 layers of clothing to make herself look fatter. She is 5 foot tall,maybe shorter and most likely weighs 90 lbs or less. I know that sometimes older people wither away to nothing...but I am concerned with her. How would you handle the hearing situation and also the fact that she is losing weight?

Thanks.

PeachPuff

View Profile
Why it is important to have a Christian GF/BF or spouse?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2008 12:54 PM

I was married twice and got divorced twice. Both men said they were Christians, however, did not live according to the Word. I was even called a "religious fanatic" by Ex 2 because I would read the Bible all the time, and would want to discuss the Pastor's message after church. In the marriages, I would want to understand their perspective about God and neither spouse wanted to...I would assume that they really didn't have God in their heart and didn't read their Bible.

It is highly important to me and I am sure to others who have been saved to be with a person who has God in their lives. You can't force or convince a non-believer to believe. It just doesn't work.

We all need to spread the Word of Jesus and God to everyone we can so that the whole world can learn and know God and also have a relationship with God.

Go in Peace, Serve the Lord.