Author Thread
draczjou

View Profile
A constant theme...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2008 05:18 PM

I sadly live in one of those "what would they think" families. Fortunately it is only with my grandfather and I know what he thinks about other races. Quite frankly I don't care though. My ex is African American and my sister-in-law is Philippino...we see how well my brother cared as well.

My grandfather is a closet racist, and it saddens me. But I really could care less what he thinks about someone's race. I grew up caring more about what someone's parent's rank was than what their skin color was. Good old army brat.

The weird thing is, thinking about this, I get a DC Talk song stuck in my head. "What Have We Become?" The very first verse of that song applies to this. Quite frankly I feel we need to work towards tearing those walls completely down. The cycle of prejudice, of fear what people will think because of someone's race, all of it...there can be no true healing if people cling to the old ways of thinking or worry about those that do.

/* End rant */

draczjou

View Profile
A constant theme...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2008 02:29 PM

OK...I know and expect to see a statement on female profiles on OTHER dating sites that says something along the lines of "I'm not interested in sex. If that's all you're looking for than move along." But I've seen it on quite a few profiles on this site.

Has there been a lot of guys signing up for this site looking for just sex, or is it just expectations based on either experience from other sites or what friends who have tried online dating have told you?

I'll be honest, I wish I still had my virginity. Since I don't I've taken a renewed vow of celibacy (ammusingly enough around the time I became truely saved) until after the woman God has in mind for me and myself are both married. It bothers me that there would be some guys signing up for accounts here just to try and find someone for sex!

draczjou

View Profile
So Many Single Mothers?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2008 09:42 AM

I am a product of a single (ableit not Christian) mother through divorce. My father ran out on my mom and her two sons...well on my mom and her youngest son. He tried to get custody of me during the divorce...and in all honesty, yes he is my earthly father; but I'm glad I was raised by my mom. It taught me a lot of things. I know that when I have children..even if their mother and I don't end up staying together (which I pray wouldn't be the case because I've taken a renewed vow of celibacy and won't have children until I'm married) I will be a part of those children's lives.

I admit, it is hard growing up without a father. But my mom did everything she could to make sure my brother and I grew up right. I remember there was a time when she was working two jobs just to make sure she could make ends meet. I know now that there are government programs that she could have enrolled in...especially since my father was in the Army and once he got out the child support stopped coming. But she chose to work hard to give her children the best life she possibly could. And you know what...my brother and I are better for it. Right now my brother is sitting in Korea and his newly wed wife is getting ready to move back to Colorado to be with family while he's stationed there...then they are going off to England after they renew their vows here so both of their families can attend the wedding. (Short story: the military wouldn't let him take her to England with him unless they were legally man and wife)

But, yeah...there are a lot of factors to women who are single Christain mothers, and quite frankly they have both the best and hardest job in the world (in my humble opinion). All the single mothers out there get to do something I look forward to doing myself one day: raise children of God that He has blessed them with! :yay: